Q. Can I port a toll free number to 2talk?
You can move your existing 0800 or 0508 number to 2talk. All you need to do is:
1. Log into your account via the 2talk web portal.
2. Select Manage Numbers from the left hand menu.
3. Select Port a NZ Toll Free Number from the menu options
4. Fill out the fields and click Submit. You will need to provide the following information:
Your current service provider
The 0800 numbers you want ported
The name on your current account
The number of your current account
The Email you want your porting notifications sent to.
5. We will use this email to let you know the service move date or if there are any issues. Once the port is complete the toll free number will be added to your account as a stand alone line. Since we don't require it to terminate to another number you will need to either configure it on a device or forward the calls to another number once the port is complete.
Q. How long does it take?
A. Toll Free Number porting usually takes around 5 - 10 business days, but can take longer in some circumstances. We will liaise with you to ensure that the porting request is completed smoothly and with minimal disruption.
Q. How much does it cost?
Please note there is a porting fee of $28.75 ($25 ex GST) for each tollfree number ported to 2talk.
Costs once ported are:
- 0800 on an account: $6.90 ($6 ex GST), unless covered by your monthly plan
- Inbound from landlines: 5.75c/min (5c/min ex GST), unless covered by your monthly plan
- Inbound from mobiles: 21.85c/min (19c/min ex GST), unless covered by your monthly plan
- Inbound from payphones: 25.30c/min (22c/min ex GST), unless covered by your monthly plan
- Forwarded calls: Standard 2talk rates
If you wish to block mobiles and payphones you can do this via the 2talk live web portal.