It is suggested to use the most recent firmware recommended by the manufacturer. For firmware files and the Grandstream upgrade URL please visit http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware. Older firmware versions may not autoprovision for security reasons.
Zero touch provisioning:
Configure your router for DHCP option 66. Use the string provided on the device provisioning page as the value for your DHCP option 66 setting. After obtaining a DHCP lease from your router the IP phone will begin the autoprovisioning process.
Manual provisioning via the web interface:
- Connect your PC to the same local network as the IP phone.
- Obtain the IP address of the phone by selecting 'Status/Network Status' from the LCD menu screen of the device.
- Input this IP into the address bar of your web browser. The default login username is 'admin' and the default login password is 'admin'.
- Select 'Maintenance/Upgrade and Provisioning'.
- Input the provisioning URL obtained on the device provisioning page of your portal into the 'Config Server Path' field and select 'Save and Apply'.
- Select 'Provision' from the top menu bar to complete the process. Please allow a couple of minutes for the phone to reboot and provision the settings.